April 16 - 17
Beneski Museum of Natural History, Amherst College
Mead Art Museum at Amherst College
- Mead Art Museum exhibition “The Attack on Port Arthur in Woodblock Prints
- Mead Art Museum exhibition “New Arrivals: Modern and Contemporary Additions to the Collection”
- Mead Art Museum exhibition “Kyohei Inukai, Robert Brackman, and Portraits of American Tragedy”
University Museum of Contemporary Art
- Fracture: The Modern Nude, Curatorial Fellowship Exhibition
Fractured: The Modern Nude, opening March 26, 2014 at the University Museum of Contemporary Art, explores the fragmented human body in drawings and photography from collection of the UMCA. Curated by 2014 MA candidates in Art History Brittany Mayo and Maureen McVeigh, the exhibition includes works by Diane Arbus, Ralph Gibson, Philip Pearlstein, and Andy Warhol.
- Katy Schimert: Artist in Residence
Artist-in-Residence Katy Schimert will exhibit a series of large-scale watercolors and ceramic and glass sculptures about the sea, including a large mythical octopus.
Smith College Museum of Art
- The Eye is a Door: Landscape Photographs by Anne Whiston Spirn
Produced over the past 35 years, the images in the exhibition capture stories and ideas embodied in places the artist has visited for her research, which range from the volcanic landscapes of Iceland to sacred Buddhist gardens in Japan.